Today I want to talk about why I decided to start going back to the gym.
I feel like working out is a very touch subject; people are either extremely active or not at all.
I’ll admit, I wasn’t a person dying to go to the gym, and honestly I’m still not. But because my friends were all going and had invited me to go I figured, why not? Now that I’ve been going regularly, I’ve learned to appreciate it more.
Now I might sound like a broken record for those of you who aren’t very interested in working out, but let me tell you, it’s worth it.
Aside from the laziness factor, there really aren’t really any negatives when going to the gym. Here’s my list of reasons of why you should start working out.
- You get to meet new people and make friends.
- You’re finally working on that revenge bod to get back at that guy who blew you off. Okay, maybe a guy didn’t break your heart, but getting your butt in shape is going to give you then ultimate confidence.
- If you bring a friend with you, you guys can establish a routine together, like running a couple miles on the treadmill while checking out the cute guys downstairs lifting weights.
- Overall, it’s going to affect your life in a huge way. You’ll start making healthier choices, and feel more energized.
- You should be in shape so you’re always ready to physically kick ass if ever needed, because let’s face it, the world is a sketchy place.
And in case you didn’t appreciate my reasons, here’s a list from another source.
- Exercising reduces stress
- Working out boosts the happy chemicals
- It improves self -confidence (obvs)
- If you exercise outdoors, you’ll boost your self esteem even more.
- It prevents cognitive decline
- It alleviates anxiety
- It will boost brainpower
- It’s going to sharpen your memory too
- It will help control addiction
- Exercising increases relaxation
- You’ll be more productive
- You’ll inspire others
- Exercising can boost your creativity
- You’ll get sick less
So get out there, girl! In the end, all this hard work is for you. You push yourself, you get to become the best version of yourself. Go kick ass and look great doing it.
Until next time,